Happy New Year friends! I’m thrilled to start this new year and am looking forward to making 2013 an even better year! As I spent this weekend reflecting on 2012 and listing out my goals for 2013 I was completely humbled by all that God has done in my life. 2012 has brought challenges but through those God has brought me closer to him and for that I’m thankful. It’s been a year of growth for sure. In my marriage, relationships, health, business. I have been so blessed by the growth of my business and it’s so amazing to look back and see how far I’ve come in just a years time of moving up to New England. I’ve had the opportunity of meeting and working with some pretty amazing people and capturing their first moments of being husband and wife. Such an honor!
2013 is going to be my year! My year to accomplish things I never thought I could, to take the time to cultivate my relationships, to be more like Christ, to create art, to live a healthy life, to simplify, to sparkle. I want 2013 to be the year that I focus on what matters most. That I don’t let my work rule my life but that I find a balance between the two. That I push myself to be the best I can. Most of all I want 2013 to be a year full of glorifying God in everything I do! He is the one I’m choosing to live for and I pray that 2013, for me, shines his love & grace!
Review of 2012 goals:
– start my mornings with breakfast & a quiet time – YES! I started almost every morning with digging into Gods word.
– memorize 2 scriptures each month for the whole year – Nope
– drink MORE water and LESS coffee – yes, yes, YES!
– workout on a consistent basis (at least 3 times a week) – I did great during the off season but once things got busy I slowed down. I did get myself up to running 1 mile each time I worked out though. For me that is a huge accomplishment!
– read 6 books in 12 months – I only read and finished 3 books. I have a really bad habit of starting a book and never finishing it. I plan on changing that in 2013
– book at least 18 weddings… with at least 2 of those being destination – YAY! I had 18 weddings that I shot last year. With 1 one those being a destination wedding in Aruba.
– be published on at least 6 wedding blogs – I had my work featured on 13 wedding blogs! Woohoo!! : )
– blog at least 3 times a week – Adding this to my 2013 goals
– professionally rebrand my business… from head to toe! – I did it! Yippee!! : )
– book more senior sessions… at least 5 – nope
– attend 2 photography workshops – I attended only 1 workshop this year.
– book 22 weddings for 2013
– send 1 hand written note to someone a month
– have my work featured in print
– have date night with my hubby once a week
– do 3 shoots that inspire me
– set specific work days & office hours and stick with them
– choose to live a healthy life (workout (3x week), eat right (less sugar intake), drink more water)
– once a month meet up with other ladies in the wedding industry
– be more generous (home, time, money, ect.)
– do something I don’t think I can accomplish
– shoot 1 wedding in NC or SC
– take time to cultivate my friendships
– spend more time reading and less time watching tv (before bed)
– take steps to prepare for our future (pets : ), home, kids, retirement)
-make our bed every morning
I would love to see your goals for 2013… whether they are big or small I’d love to follow along with you while you achieve each one of them! Leave a link to your 2013 goals in the comment section below. Let’s make 2013 the best year yet!! Be sure to check back tomorrow. I will review December’s goals and list January’s goals.