- buy cork board to finish my wall design behind my desk. I'm gonna use the cork board to pin design inspirations, pretty pictures, fun notes from friends, ect. - hire a designer to design a print that includes the list of things that "fire me up". I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else. haha! I'll be sure to post it when it's finished! - celebrate Chris' (my hubby) cinco de mayo birthday with friends! I'm so excited for yummy mexican food & margaritas this weekend! : ) - attend Blogshop with Kristin in NYC!! YAY! - kick off busy wedding season on May 18th! :) - do a giveaway this month on the blog. Just wait till you see what I'm giving away! - shoot a few rolls of film just for fun this month. I'm thinking NYC & pretty spring flowers!
Okay, I know it's April and I'm posting these snowy pictures but I just can't help it. I wanted to share with you these recent scans that came in. These were shot after the last snow storm we had at the beginning of March. I love how they turned out! It was so fun to head outside with Kristin after her head shots and grab a few fun snow pictures! I also handed the camera over to Kristin... she did a great job! I love this picture below! It pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about having Kristin as apart of REP!! : )
- BUY nutribullet. Anyone have smoothie recipes they want to share? I'd love to hear some of your favorites! - blog my recent weddings & sessions from February & March - take part in the #contentmentchallenge. Anybody else interested? I'd love to hold each other accountable. I have a feeling this is gonna be a tough one for me but SO rewarding! - do a DIY project. I really want to paint Thank You cards or Thinking of You cards. - continued from March's goals, reread Visioneering by Andy Stanley
Like always, I love hear other people's goals! Share a link in the comment section to your goals for this month!
I'm so ready to begin this new month. February was a wonderful month! I shot my 3rd wedding of the season, I shot my 2nd styled shoot with Poppy Love Weddings, had the opportunity to spend a whole day learning from one of my favorite photographers Heidi and had a relaxing vacation in Texas. February was also the month that I officially brought on a intern for REP... more on that later! : ) February was full of big (but awesome) decisions! YAY! I'm excited to be back in the office tomorrow and start crossing off my goals for this month. March is the month that I continue to Make Things Happen!!
- blog 2 weddings, 1 engagement & my styled shoot - buy a nutri-bullet or something like it. I'm open to suggestions. I'm wanting to drink more smoothies and I'd love to find an easy way to make them. - finish editing my most recent wedding & engagement session - attend Making Things Happen in Chapel Hill, NC!! :) - celebrate my nieces birthday while I'm in NC. Fun fact! My 2 nieces, which also happen to be sisters have the same birthday! How fun is that! - introduce the first ever REP intern for 2013! Y'all are gonna love her, I promise! - shoot more film! Possibly some "just for fun" shoots! - Reread Visioneering by Andy Stanley
As always I'd love to hear your goals for this month. Post a link in the comments section. I'd love to encourage you along your journey of making things happen too! :)
EOS 3 Porta 400 (i think) Walgreens
While in Texas I set up a couple of "just for fun" shoots. Here is a little peek at Jeffrey & Jessica's session. I shot both film & digital for this session. I took the rolls to a local Walgreens to get developed. Wasn't super impressed. Many of the images came back with dust marks all over them. :( I did get a good handful that turned out though. Sending the other rolls I took to a professional lab. Anxious to get those back!
December Goals Reviewed:
-Finish editing my last wedding & 2 sessions - Yep! -Workout 3 times a week - I did 2 out of the 4 weeks. -Make 2013 personal & business goals - Better believe it! : ) - Celebrate Christmas in Texas with family!! - Such a wonderful time being able to spend Christmas this year with family. - Slow down. Enjoy time with family & friends. - YES! I took a huge break this month from work, blogging and emails. It was just what I needed to do to prepare for the new year. I feel refreshed and ready to conquer my goals for January!
- shoot my first wedding of 2013 - celebrate my 26th birthday on January 9th! :) - on January 7th I'll begin my new office hours (Tues, Thursday & Friday 9-5 Sat appt only) and start my morning routine - begin putting together my "welcome box" for new clients - lots of goodies for all you new REP wedding clients! :) - have game night with friends - Chris and I will have our first class of Financial Peace University - blog 2 times a week in January - make our bed in the morning
If you've set goals for 2013 now is the time to start your monthly goals. Break down your 2013 goals into monthly goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of each month. It will help you stay accountable for the goals that you've set for 2013. Let's help keep each other accountable each month. Let's encourage and push each other to make 2013 our year to make things happen!
December Instagram Recap:
Have instagram? I'd love to have you follow me!
Happy New Year friends! I'm thrilled to start this new year and am looking forward to making 2013 an even better year! As I spent this weekend reflecting on 2012 and listing out my goals for 2013 I was completely humbled by all that God has done in my life. 2012 has brought challenges but through those God has brought me closer to him and for that I'm thankful. It's been a year of growth for sure. In my marriage, relationships, health, business. I have been so blessed by the growth of my business and it's so amazing to look back and see how far I've come in just a years time of moving up to New England. I've had the opportunity of meeting and working with some pretty amazing people and capturing their first moments of being husband and wife. Such an honor!
2013 is going to be my year! My year to accomplish things I never thought I could, to take the time to cultivate my relationships, to be more like Christ, to create art, to live a healthy life, to simplify, to sparkle. I want 2013 to be the year that I focus on what matters most. That I don't let my work rule my life but that I find a balance between the two. That I push myself to be the best I can. Most of all I want 2013 to be a year full of glorifying God in everything I do! He is the one I'm choosing to live for and I pray that 2013, for me, shines his love & grace!
Review of 2012 goals:
- start my mornings with breakfast & a quiet time - YES! I started almost every morning with digging into Gods word. :) - memorize 2 scriptures each month for the whole year - Nope :( - drink MORE water and LESS coffee - yes, yes, YES! - workout on a consistent basis (at least 3 times a week) - I did great during the off season but once things got busy I slowed down. :( I did get myself up to running 1 mile each time I worked out though. For me that is a huge accomplishment! - read 6 books in 12 months – I only read and finished 3 books. I have a really bad habit of starting a book and never finishing it. I plan on changing that in 2013 - book at least 18 weddings... with at least 2 of those being destination - YAY! I had 18 weddings that I shot last year. With 1 one those being a destination wedding in Aruba. - be published on at least 6 wedding blogs - I had my work featured on 13 wedding blogs! Woohoo!! : ) - blog at least 3 times a week - Adding this to my 2013 goals - professionally rebrand my business... from head to toe! - I did it! Yippee!! : ) - book more senior sessions... at least 5 - nope :( - attend 2 photography workshops - I attended only 1 workshop this year.
- book 22 weddings for 2013 - send 1 hand written note to someone a month - have my work featured in print - have date night with my hubby once a week - do 3 shoots that inspire me - set specific work days & office hours and stick with them - choose to live a healthy life (workout (3x week), eat right (less sugar intake), drink more water) - once a month meet up with other ladies in the wedding industry - be more generous (home, time, money, ect.) - do something I don't think I can accomplish - shoot 1 wedding in NC or SC - take time to cultivate my friendships - spend more time reading and less time watching tv (before bed) - take steps to prepare for our future (pets : ), home, kids, retirement) -make our bed every morning
I would love to see your goals for 2013... whether they are big or small I'd love to follow along with you while you achieve each one of them! Leave a link to your 2013 goals in the comment section below. Let's make 2013 the best year yet!! :) Be sure to check back tomorrow. I will review December's goals and list January's goals.